Follow these links for useful and reliable websites and information on these topics.
General Diabetes Information
- Youtube – Understanding Type 1 diabetes
- Youtube – Understanding Type 2 diabetes
- Insulin & you: A guide to injecting Insulin
- Reality Check type 1 Diabetes Forum
- Younger adults with Type 2 Diabetes
- NDSS – Multicultural Diabetes Portal
- Audio Information Sheets – Diabetes NSW
- Runsweet – Helping athletes with diabetes to be winners
- Better Health Channel – Victorian Department of Health
T1 Diabetes experiences
- Youtube – Why it’s important to monitor your blood glucose
- Abbott Freestyle meter
- Accuchek Mobile Instruction Guide
Diabetes related Organisations
- The National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS)
- Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute
Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute is an independent internationally renowned medical research facility with a focus on diagnosis, prevention and treatment of diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
- Jean Hailes for Women’s Health
Jean Hailes for Women’s Health is a national not-for-profit organisation dedicated to improving the knowledge of women’s health throughout the various stages of their lives, and to provide a trusted world-class health service for women.
National youth mental health foundation.
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Australia
The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) is the world’s largest charitable supporter of type 1 diabetes research. JDRF has been involved in every major type 1 diabetes breakthrough of the last four decades.
Diabetes in Pregnancy
- NDSS Gestational Diabetes
- Gestational Diabetes (Diabetes Australia Vic)
- Diabetes in Pregnancy Society
- The Bump to Baby Diet
- Glycemic Index Foundation – Pregnancy
- Glycemic Index Foundation – Recipes
- Diabetes in Pregnancy Society – Consumer Information